14 January 2013

Trader Joe's Trader Ming's Mandarin Orange Chicken Review

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when I say Panda Express?  Ok, you may say pandas (which I love by the way) but some may say Orange Chicken.  It is amazing how the majority of the people who order at Panda Express choose their Orange Flavored Chicken as one of their items. 

Started in 2004, Panda Express has now 1,500 stores in 42 different States including Puerto Rico.  I think the reason visit them is because you can order your food fast and it's fresh. I do know some people who do not like Panda Express due to it being a more Americanized Chinese eatery but  I persoanlly like them and I am one of the many that always order their Orange Flavored Chicken.

So when I found out that Trader Joe's or should I say Trader Ming's had their own rendition of Orange Flavored chicken, I was all over it and knew I had to try it.  Though over the years, they had lessened the amount of chicken in each bag and some may say that each chicken is covered with more batter, my husband and I enjoy it very much!  Have it with some rice and some veggies and you have your own Panda Express right at home!  One bag is probably about 4 servings and tastes great even as leftovers.  I do like that fact that the Trader Ming's Mandarin Orange Chicken is baked rather than fried.  Each package contains 2 packets of the Orange sauce that gets drizzled on the chicken after it is finished baking. 

If you like the Panda Express Orange Flavored Chicken, try the Trader Joe's ones.  It's healthier and is a good substitute when you get a craving. 

P.S.  Do keep in mind, the taste between the 2 is different.  


No comments:

Post a Comment