08 August 2011

Where the Sidewalk Ends-Food Poem #4


I love Italian food. That is probably my second favorite type of food in the world next to Japanese food. I love everything about Italian food. The different types of herbs, the vegetables used, spices and the pastas, just to name a few. Just writing about it is making me hungry!

So this poem is in tribute to my favorite...Italian! Here is a poem from Shel Silverstein's "Where the Sidewalk Ends."

Spaghetti
Spaghetti, spaghetti, all over the place,
Up to my elbows-up to my face,
Over the carpet and under the chairs,
Into the hammock and wound round the stairs,
Filling the bathtub and covering the desk,
Making the sofa a mad mushy mess.

The party is ruined, I'm terribly worried,
The guests have all left (unless they are buried).
I told them, "Bring presents." I said, "Throw confetti."
I guess they heard me wrong
'Cause they all threw spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment