15 January 2013

Trader Joe's Beans So Green Review

Vegetables...though super good for you, I do have to admit, I don't incorporate it in my daily foods enough and because of that, I resort to taking multi-vitamins.  But really, the nutrition in veggies are so much more better than multi-vitamins.

What usually happens in my household is that I purchase fresh veggies with the hopes of eating it until it's gone but when it comes down to it, it's really the only the first day that I have the motivation.  The next day, the veggie will just sit then a couple of days will pass but by then, I get paranoid that it probably has spoiled and end of just tossing it. 

Solutions=Frozen Veggies!  Though it's not "officially" fresh, it does last longer which is awesome!  So I decided to try the Trader Joe's Beans So Green and I would have to say that it's pretty good.  What's convenient is that it's microwavable.  Inside this one mix are green beans, cauliflower and broccoli's.  I do have to be honest and say though the beans turned out great, the cauliflower and broccoli was a bit mushy.  I'm not sure what it is with cauliflower and broccoli but when microwaved,
it usually turns out mushy for me.  These 2 veggies are ones I like to buy fresh.  But nonetheless, it's frozen and again, it lasts.

If you have any advice on how to make frozen cauliflower and broccoli less mushy when microwaved, let me know.  I'd love your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment