09 January 2013

Trader Joe's Tandoori Naan Review

Vlog Challenge: Day 9

What is Naan?  I honestly did not know till perhaps a few years ago when I went to an Indian restaurant in Japan.  Yes, that's right.  My first expereince of having Indian food was when a friend of mine took me to have some curry, naan and chai tea in Sapporo, Japan.  Though in the Japanese culture we have curry, Indian curry is a bit more soupy.  It was so delicious!  Basically naan is a type of flatbread in India that gets cooked in clay ovens and served along side many dishes. 

While at Trader Joe's the other day, while browsing in the frozen food section (my favorite section), I saw this naan.  I was so happy that what I had once in Japan can be purchased frozen.  The one I purchased was the non flavored naan but they do carry naan in garlic flavor as well.  Because my plan was to eat this at work, I opted not to get the garlic one, definitely for the sake of those around me.

The instructions state to bake it but because I don't have access to an oven at work, I microwaved mine.  It still tasted amazing!  I had mine with some soup but I would love to have this alongside some curry in the future...Indian curry, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment