22 January 2013

Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Bar Review

Though these are called Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Bars, in reality, they are very much similar to fruit leathers, aka fruit roll ups.

Fruit roll ups (though it's an actual brand name and not a product name much like when I wrote about Kleenex) brings back so many fond memories for me when I as a child.  I remember my mom packing them up for us for school lunches as well as the many different kinds of fruit roll ups on the market.   I remember the cool psychedelic swirl flavors as well as the fruit roll ups that had cut out shapes that you can enjoy.  Looking back, though the were fun to eat, they probably were not the healthiest snack out on the market.  But sometimes when you have kids, it's not about healthy but more fun.

But it is great to know that Trader Joe's sells their version of fruit roll ups though theirs is not a roll but more a strip.  This strip/bar is really good and just tastes healthy.  Sometimes healthy does not equal tasty but this strip/bar tastes genuinely like a flattened out piece of dried fruit.  They are rather small in size and I wish they came in a package but for now, I will continue to purchase each one separately. 

What do you think?  Should it come in a package say of 6 or more? 

No comments:

Post a Comment