23 November 2012

And...We Named Her Muffin!

I love dogs!  I have always loved dogs and growing up with one, I know how fun and loving they can be.  But then they pass away, wow, it is utterly devastating.  The dog that I grew up with passed away at the age of 14.  She was with us pretty much most of my life growing up.  I vowed to myself that if I ever got another dog, it would be when I live in a house with a yard.  When we had our dog, we had a yard and unfortunately due to my parents downsizing, we ended up in a town home with pretty much no yard.  Cherry, our dog, didn't have the freedom to roam and enjoy the outdoors.

Fast forward about 15 years.  On a random, time killing trip into Petco, we saw her.  With no intention of adopting a dog, we admired how patient and quiet this one dog was.  She was among some chihuahuas and was quite cute.  The person from the adoption agency informed us that she was abandoned at a golf course and had a pup with her.  She also noticed that we were fond of her so mentioned that we can take her home for a "trial run" for a week to see how we like her.  I can tell you right now, if I spend 7 days with a dog, it's over.  My husband and I were reluctant and I'm really not sure what prompted us but we decided to take on the challenge.  It's only 7 days.

On day 3, we called the lady at the adoption agency and told her, we were going to keep her.  I named her Muffin and the rest is history.  She was fully house trained (Thank you Jesus!) and is just the best dog ever.  She is quiet, rarely barks, loves people and snacks and loves to sleep and sun bathe.  She is a perfect fit for our family.  She also has the most amazing, long eyelashes too!  It was meant to be for us to walk into Petco that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment