28 November 2012

Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Fries and BBQ Beef Brisket

I love BBQ, really BBQ anything.  Recently, on my trip to Trader Joe's, I found in the meat section, their BBQ Beef Brisket.  I knew I had to try it.  The preparation for this meal was super simple too.  The meat is already flavored and fully cooked so all you have to do it microwave it.  It also comes with the container in which you can microwave the meat as well.  First, you cut open the plastic wrap, empty the meat into the black plastic container then microwave!  Our microwave is pretty powerful so I heat the meat up for about 2 minutes.  The meat is already shredded for you so when the meat has been warmed, just place the it on your preferred bread and serve.  We tried the BBQ meat on Trader Joe's ciabatta bread and it was wonderful.  This is a great meal to have on hand on those days that you want something hearty but just don't have the time. 


To go alongside our BBQ beef sandwiches, I purchased Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Fries. The instructions for this is fairly simple as well.  You preheat you oven and bake the fries for about 20 minutes.  One bag probably would feed 4 people.  Because there are only 2 of us, we usually only use half of the bag and save the rest for another meal.  After the 20 minutes of baking, the fries were not as crispy as I had hoped so I left it in the oven for another 5 minutes.  Still no change...so another 5 minutes.  At this point, our beef sandwich was getting cold so we decided to just eat the fries as is.  Though some of the fries on the outer parts of the pan were crisp, we ate those.  I'm not sure if these fries are meant to get super crispy but in a small way, knowing that they are baked rather than fried is comforting to know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment