06 July 2012

Welcome to the 50's...Johnny Rockets Style!

One of our favorite lunch spots especially after church is Johnny Rockets.  It used to be that the only location here in Los Angeles was in Hollywood on Melrose Ave.  My mom would take us on special occasions to dine there.  It was so cool!  Johnny Rockets is a themed restaurant.  The decor, the music, the staff's uniforms are from the 50's.  Everything is super clean and super white.  You really feel like you blasted back in the past.  There is even a jukebox at the table where you can put 5 cents in to listen to the tune of your choice.  Sometimes, you do have to wait for your song to play because there are other tables who may have requested songs.  The staff is really nice and there are times when the place gets really packed. 

Johnny Rockets originally opened in 1986 by Ronn Teitelbaum on Melrose Ave.  Since the, they have added many locations including inside of Knott's Berry Farm, the Yankee Stadium and many more. 

As for the food, they have hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and salads.  They also have delicious shakes and malts.  Depending on what I feel like having, I choose between a #12 hamburger, egg salad sandwich or a hot dog (sometimes chili dog with cheese and onions).   A #12 is a burger with sharp cheddar cheese, onions, pickles and a special Johnny Rockets red sauce.  It's super good.  On the days that I feel "healthy," I opt for the egg salad sandwich with no extra mayo on the bread.  All of their entrees come with either fries or a side salad.  A really cute addition to your meal is when they bring the little dish for your ketchup.  They always make a smiley face.  I wonder if they get trained in that skill?


 

They also have fun fountain drinks.  I rarely drink soda but when I visit Johnny Rockets, I end of ordering a Coke.  For an additional cost, which is what I usually get, you can get a flavored syrup added to your favorite soda.  The different flavored syrups they have are Cherry, Lemon, Hershey's Chocolate and Vanilla.  My personal favorite is their Cherry Coke.  It's so good!  When I don't feel like a soda, I always get their lemonade.  I don't think it's fresh squeezed but it's pretty good. 


The next time you are in Los Angeles, or anywhere that has a Johnny Rockets nearby, I encourage you to stop by.  You'll get to experience what life was like in a 50's diner.  Also when a certain special song comes on at the diner, the staff does something pretty special for the guests.  I won't spoil it for you.  You'll just have to witness it for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment