05 July 2012

Popsicles in an Instant! Made by Zoku

I loved when my mom made popsicles for us when we were growing up.  We would use the molds from Tupperware, choose our favorite juices, pour it into the mold and wait at least a day for the juice to freeze and enjoy.   We would keep opening the freezer to see if the popsicle was ready.  The juices that worked the best and were flavorful were grape juice and orange juice.  On occasion, we would buy Calpis, which is a milky Japanese drink that you would have to dilute with water, to make the frozen treat.  I think that was my favorite.  These popsicles were so easy to make and I'm sure my mom was super happy because it was really cost effective.  I think the hardest part of the whole process was the waiting period.   It was such a bummer when I would come home from school, anticipating a cold summer treat only to find the freezer empty!

The other day I was browsing one of my favorite stores to browse, Brookstones, when I came across the Zoku.  Brookstones is such a fun store to visit.  A lot of the items in the store are very expensive but they have really unique, cool, innovative products.  One display particularly caught my eye.  I had never heard of this device but was very intrigued by the sign.  I looked more into it and this is what I found out.


Zoku is a revolutionary product that makes popsicles in minutes, seven to be exact.  All you have to do is freeze the base of the Zoku in your freezer, wait 24 hours, take it out of the freezer, place the plastic popsicle sticks inside, pour in your drink and wait.  After seven minutes, pull out the ready popsicle and enjoy!  How amazing is that.  This solves the biggest problem of making popsicles...the waiting period!  Seven minutes is nothing compared to a whole day!





There are many unique recipes on their website that you can concoct.  Some include Cucumber Mint Margarita, Caramel Popcorn, Cherries and Cream, and Pineapple Coconut.  They have also made accessories that you can add to your popsicle creating process.  Now you can make really cute character popsicles that anyone will love.


The Zoku sells for $37 for a dual maker or $50 for a triple popsicle maker.  Have a happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment