03 July 2012

Wear Comfy Pants to Buffets!

I know I blog a lot about Las Vegas but I love that place.  We don't gamble much or drink but we do go there for the food, the shops and the amazing lights that come alive at night.  When people talk about the food in Las Vegas, the first thing that comes to mind is the buffets.  Though the buffets in Vegas are not cheap, there is a wide range of food and decadent desserts you can choose from.  The reason I like buffets is because you get to choose what you want and the quantity that you want to eat.  I usually tend to stuff myself and wish I had two different stomachs, one for the main food and one for dessert.  But because that's not an option, I choose my foods wisely.  When I first enter a buffet, I walk the entire thing so that I know what I want.  Often times, I would just start at one end and not even half way through, my plate is full.  I always get salad and always get dessert.  So the food in between, I portion myself.  It's so funny but if I were to get some pasta, I would get like 2-3 tubes of penne then move on.  I'd rather eat a variety of little bit than a lot of 1-2 dishes.  Honestly, that amount that I can eat is only so much.

My dessert plate from the Monte Carlo Buffet
In Las Vegas, there are many buffets to choose from.  The more expensive ones have the seafood and really good sushi.  If you don't want to spend a lot of money, the cheaper ones still have really good food and desserts so don't worry.  Currently the top 10 Las Vegas Buffets Hotels according to Orbitz are as follows:
  1. The Mirage
  2. M Resort (I would recommend.  It's a bit far from the Strip but worth it)
  3. The Bellagio (Pretty pricey but good)
  4. Wynn (Great selection of food!)
  5. Rio (Has various ethnic foods)
  6. Planet Hollywood (Very good, I would recommend as well)
  7. Paris (Pretty good, Crepes for dessert!)
  8. Silverton Lodge
  9. Golden Nugget
  10. Palace Station
Another buffet that didn't' make it on the list that I have gone to that is pretty good is at the Monte Carlo.  Some tips about buffets.  Go during "off" times.  Try to avoid lunch and dinner times because the lines will be super long.  Make sure you tip the wait staff.  After all, they are the ones clearing your plates so you can get more food.  YAY!  $1-$3 is considered acceptable.  Don't take too long in line.  Be courteous to the people behind you.  Use tongs!  Those utensils are there for you to grab the food to put on your plate.  Most of all, have a good time but don't stuff yourself.  You will be uncomfortable.  There are buffet discount tickets that you can buy around town.  Go to Half Price Tickets which are located at a couple places on the Strip.  Though it's not really half price, you will get to pre purchase discount buffet vouchers.  It's so worth it (Half Price Tickets are great for Vegas show discount tickets as well)!

No comments:

Post a Comment