16 July 2012

Trader Joe's Habanero Lime Salsa

I have blogged about Trader Joe's in the past.  Trader Joe's is a grocery store that sells healthy, organic food items.  Because they cut out the middle man, their prices are amazing.  There are many locations of Trader Joe's.  In my valley, there is one and it is always busy.  The staff and the store is very nice.  What I like about Trader Joe's is the diversity of food items.  They have food from all different ethnic backgrounds.  The only bummer thing is that because most the items are made from fresh ingredients without chemicals and preservatives, they expire fast.  If you have a large family, it's great but if you only have two people living in the household like my husband and I, it's hard to finish things sometimes.

Everytime I go to Trader Joe's I like to try new things.  There are things that I have tried and did not like but I would have to say, the majority of the items that I do try, I end up buying again.  If you go during the time that they are passing out samples, I would highly recommend trying it.  They highlight a few items in the store, cook it up for you to try.  I have tried a couple samples and ended up purchasing the item because it was so good!

Trader Joe's has many different kinds of salsa.  There are red ones as well as green ones.  I may have tried a couple of the salsa's but there is one that stands out far above all the others.  This item is the Trader Jose's Habanero and Lime Salsa.  The cost of the salsa is under $4 a jar.  Notice "Joe's" name changes depending on food item.  In this case, it's "Jose."  This salsa is so good!  If you like some spice, this is for you.  This salsa is not sweet but more on the salty side and has the habanero in it that adds the heat.  There are chunks for tomatoes inside as well as onions.  It's great on burritos or with your chips.  It definitely needs to be refrigerated after opening.  I would say this salsa is more on the watery side compared to the super chunky salsas.  You can also taste the tangy lime flavor in the salsa as well.  This is for sure a winner!




No comments:

Post a Comment