12 July 2012

Starbucks Gold Card Member

This year, I officially became a Starbucks Gold Star member.  I have my Gold card and everything!  In the past, I frequently visited Starbucks, paid using cash or my ATM card but never got an official Starbucks card until my sister in law convinced me.  When you get a Starbucks giftcard, you can register it online.  This giftcard becomes your Starbucks card to use every time you order a drink so hopefully someone gives you a cool card.  You can reload your card, check your balance and see how many "stars" or points you have accumulated.  If you reach 5 "stars" which is 5 visits in 1 year, you become a Green member which qualifies you for a free drink on your birthday (they will send you a special coupon in the mail), free syrup or soy milk add on, free coffee, tea or iced coffee refills during one visit, and lastly if you buy some coffee beans, you will receive a free tall drink.  After 30 "stars" which is 30 visits in one year (roughly 2.5 times a month), you become a Gold member where they will send you an official Gold Card, every 15 "stars," you get a free drink, special members only emails and of course all the perks of a Green member.  I have become a Gold member really fast.  I also order a lot of soy drinks which saves me about 60 cents per visit, sometimes $1.20 when my husband and I go.

I know this may be a marketing plow from Starbucks.  It's true, you go because you now have a card that has credit on it, free soy, and points that get accumulated.  If I didn't have the card, would I go as much?  I do know that I visit Starbucks frequently.  It's definitely a luxury that I cut out when times are tough but the way I see it is if you go anyway, you mind as well get some benefit/points when you go.  The only bummer thing is every "star" is accounted for every visit.  So even if you order 10 drinks at one time, you only get one "star."  I always wonder, can I use my card to order my drink, then have my husband use the same card on a different tab?  Will that accumulate two "stars?"

One of my favorite Starbucks Drinks-Green Tea Latte Soy No Foam

The funny thing is, even after finally getting my Gold card in the mail, I still use my giftcard that I was given as a present from a Starbucks in HI.  Did you know that every state has different Starbucks giftcards?  So if you get one that says "Happy Birthday" that you don't want to make it your official Starbucks card, choose a design that you like.  I will be going to HI in less than a week and plan on getting a cute new card from HI.  Even if you use a regular card being a Gold member, you will still be considered a Gold member.  So sign up, it's super easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment