10 December 2013

Greek Yogurt Guide to the Rescue

Have you heard about Greek Yogurt? It has been the craze over the past few years. Though not really popular at first here in the States, now it has become a household name. I first tried Greek Yogurt not too long ago and now I am a huge fan. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to regular yogurt. So what is Greek Yogurt?

Greek Yogurt is basically yogurt that has the whey strained out, giving you a more tart, thicker consistency yogurt. People love it, some dislike it but really, it's up to your taste buds. It is definitely an acquired taste. Over the years, Greek Yogurt has ventured out into creating many unique flavors. I personally enjoy the vanilla and honey ones. Nothing too fancy but not too plain. There are so many different brands as well when it comes to Greek Yogurt. My personal favorite is The Greek Gods (see above photo).

I have read in news articles that grocery stores are now making for shelving space for Greek Yogurt and minimizing shelf space for items that are less popular. One of which is margarine. I don't think it'll be going any where anytime soon. I have also read that Starbucks starting in 2014 will be having their own Greek Yogurt line that will be selling in their stores. How exciting is that!

If you haven't tried it, it may be worth taste testing it once in your life. Who knows, it may turn into your new favorite. It's packed with lots of protein which is perfect for people like me who forget to eat lunch sometimes!

A great resource I found to learn more about Greek yogurt, it's benefits, all the various brands of Greek yogurt, unique ways to use it and various recipes is this site www.GreekYogurtGuide.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment