19 January 2013

Happy Birthday To Me! Black Market Bakery

January 19th was my birthday and to celebrate, my wonderful sister in law bought me this amazing cake!  She purchased the cake from the Black Market Bakery in Costa Mesa.  I had never heard of the Black Bakery until she told me about it but apparently, it's a super popular bakery.  The cake she got me was called the Dark Chocolate Mousse cake.  It was SO delicious!  She mentioned that it normally sells out so she had to reserve the cake the prior day.  I felt so special!  Just a heads up, it is quite rich so perhaps pairing it with some milk/soy milk may be good.

I am a huge chocolate anything fan so this hit the spot.  The mousse was super smooth, the dark chocolate a tad bit bitter and the chocolate sponge cake had the perfect fluffliness to it. 




So the next time you need to get that special someone a special cake, visit the Black Market Bakery.  You won't be disappointed but maybe call in advance so that you won't be disappointed in case the cake you want is sold out.

Black Market Bakery
2937 Bristol Street, Suite D-100A
Costa Mesa 92626

No comments:

Post a Comment