08 July 2012

Tea Anyone? Trader Joe's Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea


I love love tea.  I personally prefer tea way over coffee.  I don't care for coffee and plan on never getting hooked.  But please don't use this article against me if I ever do get hooked but no worries, like I said, I plan on not getting hooked.  Coffee to me is quite bitter.  I think the only way I would enjoy coffee is to add a lot of sugar and a lot of milk to it.  Basically by diluting the drink, I would be masking the real taste of coffee.  Coffee connoisseurs may be cringing at me right now.  I do however love the smell of coffee.  I always think, why can't coffee taste the way it smells.  Perhaps to coffee lovers all over the world it does.  Unfortunately to me, it doesn't.

Though I love tea, I don't particularly have a favorite flavor.  I can't believe how much variety there is when deciding what kind of tea to purchase even when visiting a local grocery store.  I can't imagine visiting a specialty tea shop!  I'm sure some brands are better than others.  Perhaps they use a better quality tea leaf?  When I choose a tea to drink, it really depends on the mood I am in.  Sometimes I prefer fruity teas, sometimes I crave an herbal tea.  I love going into my pantry and having a choice.  When in doubt and I don't know what I feel like having, I grab a green tea.  I really enjoy strong Japanese Matcha green tea.  When I do find a tea brand and flavor I enjoy, I stock up.  A sidenote-I have to wait for my tea/drink to get warm.  I don't do too well with super hot drinks.  I usually end up burning my tongue.  My husband makes fun of me because a good temperature drink to me would be too cold for him.  Moving on...

One wonderful tea I found a couple of years ago is the Trader Joe's Vanilla and Cinammon Black Tea.


 



This tea is fairly mild and has a great aroma as well as flavor to it.  If you like Chai tea (which I love), you are going to enjoy this tea.  The flavor is very similar.  It has the smoothness of a black tea with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon.  One thing to keep in mind is that this tea is seasonal at Trader Joe's.  You will be able to find this tea on the shelves during the winter season only.  If you like it, I would suggest stocking up.  I believe it gets released about the same time as the Peppermint Candy Cane Tea.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment