27 June 2012

McDonald's Little Fries

I don't eat a lot of fast food but when I'm hungry and need to eat something ASAP, my car tends to drive toward the nearest McDonald's.  Of all the fast food hamburger chains, I probably go to McDonald's most of the time.  My husband and I rarely, if ever, go to Carl's Jr., Wendy's, Burger King or Jack in the Box.  Guess McDonald's is what we're used to.  Even growing up, I had my birthday party at McDonald's along with Ronald himself!  It was great.

Happy Meals were the thing to get.  The hamburger, the fries, the drink and of course, the toy.  You would go buy a Happy Meal JUST for the toy!  I actually am embarrassed to admit that during the whole TY Beanie Baby Happy Meal toy craze, I went to McDonald's everyday, sometimes a couple times a day to different McDonald's locations in my valley.  My husband makes fun of me but there was one time I was actually late coming back from a lunch break because I was busy running around town collecting those beanies!  Of course, I don't remember that ever happening but it could be that those days were pretty intense.  I needed to collect all of them!  The crazy things you do when you're younger.  I think I had so much hamburger left over during that collecting period that I had to give them away to my whole family, left some in the breakroom at my job and sadly may have thrown away some in between. 

When I go to McDonald's now, I rarely eat a hamburger.  My "usual" is either a Filet-o-Fish or Chicken McNuggets (with BBQ and Hot Mustard Sauce).  The meat just doesn't seem appetizing to me.  Sorry.  There are days when I don't feel like my "usual" because it seems too greasy but then I get stumped trying to figure out what to order.  When I can't decide and I don't want to spend too much, I choose the classic Happy Meal.  But did you know that McDonald's has changed a couple things with their Happy Meal since my childhood days.   

ONE-They ask you if the toy is for a boy or a girl.  WOW, how complex!  I mean, I get it, but still, that's a lot of inventory and choices.  Just so you know, I always choose a girl toy even if the boy toy looks cooler.   

TWO-The Happy Meal now comes with delicious, healthy green apples.  I think this is a great idea.  All of us need to eat more fruits and veggies.   

THREE-The french fries that come with the Happy Meal shrunk in size.  I just had to take a picture and blog about it.  Literally, you can probably fit maybe 7-8 fries in this tiny box.  Again, I think it's a great idea because kids (including myself) don't' need to eat that much greasy, oily fries.


But look at the size difference.  The left is a medium fry box and the right is the Happy Meal size fry box.  It's super cute.  It makes you feel less guilty too.  Yay to McDonald's for trying to get our fast food obsessed nation to eat a bit more healthier!


No comments:

Post a Comment